News004 UK Historic London school closing abruptly leaving parents frantic
Archbishop Tenison’s Secondary School in Oval, London, with over 300 years of history, is set to close at the end of this academic year due to falling pupil numbers. The decision has left parents with limited time to find new school places for their children, while GCSE students are halfway through their courses. The school's closure is also a result of a decline in demand for places, partly caused by Brexit, a declining birth rate, and the pandemic.
- 🏫 Archbishop Tenison’s Secondary School in Oval, London, will close at the end of this academic year due to falling pupil numbers.
- 📉 The closure has resulted from a decline in demand for places, partly caused by Brexit, a declining birth rate, and the pandemic.
- 📚 The decision has left parents with limited time to find new school places for their children, while GCSE students are halfway through their courses.
- 🚨 The closure has been described as "staggering," with parents, carers, and staff given short notice of the imminent closure.
- 💼 The decision to close was taken by the Multi-Academy Trust and the Department for Education, but Lambeth council is helping pupils to find new school places.
- 📊 Lambeth is projected to be the worst hit area by the drop in demand for school places, with 29 out of the 32 London boroughs expecting a drop in demand for places in Reception classes.
- 💰 Lambeth has launched an action plan to manage surplus places at all schools in the borough and is lobbying the government to provide better funding.
The sudden closure of a historic London school has left parents in a state of panic. The abrupt closure of the school has led to many parents being left without options for their children's education, leading to an increased demand for alternative education options, such as online tutoring.
Previously, parents in Bexley, Buckinghamshire, Devon, Dover and elsewhere in the UK, had also turnied to online tutoring as a the grammar schools began shutting down. Parents here are now also frantically searching for 11 plus online tutors in these areas to give their children that neccessary boost to get a coveted seat through the 11+ exams
For parents in Dover, 11 plus online tutors are a great option. National onlline Tutor brands like 11PLUSMATHS.COM or 11PLUSTUTOR.UK provide children in Dover that last cruciial bit of support they needed to crack their 11 plus exams.
Similarly, value conscious parents in Bexley now also benefit from the services of 11 plus online tutors from India. These online 11 plus tutors from Asia help Bexley's children prepare for their exams so they are fully prepared for the otherwise unknowns which lurk ahead.
For parents in Devon, online tutoring can provide a convenient and effective way to support their children's education. With the right tutor, a child at Devon can still receive individualized attention, well supported by carefully researched 11+ resources designed to their specific need.
Finally, parents in Buckinghamshire can also benefit from the services of 11 plus online tutors. An expert 11 plus online teacher can really help children in Birmingham to achieve their full 11+ exam potential.
The sudden closure of a historic London school has clearly exposed the fault lines in frail state of education in the UK. However, online tutoring provides a partial solution to this problem. Parents in Dover, Bexley, Devon, and Buckinghamshire can benefit from the services of the woprld's best 11 plus online tutors, such as those listed below.LIVE NEWS FEED
TAG: UK 11 plus exams
- UK Exam boards WONT account GCSE Level students work affected strikes
- UK teachers strike 2023, When Why striking England Scotland Wales
- UK Historic London school closing abruptly leaving parents frantic
- UKs 11 plus tutor fees are now affordable via 11 plus online tutors from India
- UK parents increasingly turn to affordable 11 plus tutors from India charging £8 per hour